Monday 3 September 2018

It was the best of times and the worst of times....

......good old "Boz", or, to you and me, Charles Dickens..

In his reference to the comparisons between London and Paris, in his "Tale of two Cities", I am now also finding myself on the cliff edge, as it were.

I/we have had to be a part of so many sad sorrows in our departure in the last week. Although many of my "male" friends (I use the term loosely) have been stoical in defeat as their jealousy of my travelling around Italy and Europe, we have still been forced to hug, cuddle and dribble on each other's collars...

So, did Charles Dickens suggest Paris was better than London, or vice versa? No, there are always problems and they remain relative to your current position.

For example. I got to 30 years old and I thought (as you sometimes do), what will become of me? I have no children, should we maybe travel a bit?? So, I received my three daughters whilst still 30....incredible but that definitely halted any plans on travelling...

So, the Ford Galaxy is now packed to the gills. The cat is still confused, a collector popped in today to pick up some artwork, I am fortunate that I can return for a couple of days this weekend to take over the girls car....


....and the girls have said....I am the world's worst blogger. I don't care.. I will write a book of my memoirs and if anyone can tell me what I was doing, please let me know...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment